TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THIS IS THE TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE MORE CLINICS TURKEY
These are the terms on which we supply services to you (referred to within this document as the “Terms”). Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your Booking with us. These Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how either of us may change or end this Contract, what to do if there is a problem, and other important information.
In these Terms, “you” and “your” means the person named on the confirmation invoice (who must be at least 21 years old at the time of placing the Booking). If you are under the age of 21, a guardian will need to make the Booking on your behalf and accompany you to Turkey. If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or via email address or postal address provided in your Booking.
1.1 The following definitions apply in these Terms:
- (a) “Ancillary Costs” means that any other costs payable by you in addition to the Fees;
- (b) “Booking” means a booking for a Dental Procedure;
- (c) “Booking Confirmation” means that the written confirmation which we send to you according to your request for a Dental Procedure;
- (d) “Business Day” means that a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in the UK or in Turkey;
- (e) “Cancellation Fee” means that a fee to cover any administrative costs, or any other expenses or losses we may incur in the event that you cancel the Contract;
- (f) “Consultation” means that face to face consultation between you and the Dentist/Dental Surgeon in Turkey prior to your Dental Procedure;
- (g) “Contract” means the contract between you and us, which comprises the Booking and these Terms;
- (h) “Dental Procedure” means that the dental procedure or procedures to be performed by the Dentist/Dental Surgeon, agreed pursuant to your Booking;
- (i) “Dentist”/“Dental Surgeon” means that the dentist/dental surgeon employed by Perla Dental Centre who will undertake your Dental Procedure;
- (j) “Fees” means that the charges which are payable by you to us for the Dental Procedure, in accordance with clause 4 (details of which are set out in the Booking Confirmation);
- (k) “Medical Assessment Forms” means that the forms provided to you by the Dentist/Dental Surgeon during your Consultation in Turkey, including but not limited to the medical history form, the general dentistry consent form and the implant consent form; and
- (l) “Website” means our website, https://www.perladentalcentre.com/
- 1.2.1 A reference to a person includes a human individual, a corporate entity and any organisation which is managed or controlled as a unit.
- 1.2.2 Any agreement by any party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing.
- 1.2.3 Any words following the terms including, in particular, for example or any similar expression, shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words, description, definition, phrase or term preceding those terms.
- 1.2.4 A reference to writing or written includes email.
2. YOUR DENTAL PROCEDURE
2.1 The following items are included in your Dental Procedure:
- 2.1.1 your Consultation with the Dentist/ Surgeon in Turkey;
- 2.1.2 a dental X-ray;
- 2.1.3 the Dental Procedure itself; and
- 2.1.4 relevant aftercare advice immediately following your Dental Procedure.
2.2 Unless agreed between the parties at the time of the Booking, the following items are not included in your Dental Procedure:
- 2.2.1 any transport to/from Turkey (including airport transfers and transport from your accommodation to and from the dental clinic);
- 2.2.2 accommodation in Turkey;
- 2.2.3 travel insurance, health insurance or any other insurance personal to you;
- 2.2.4 passport and visa costs;
- 2.2.5 any vaccinations and medication required before, during and after your trip to Turkey; and
- 2.2.6 any food and drink throughout your trip to Turkey.
3. BOOKING YOUR PROCEDURE
3.1 The Contract between us comes into existence once you have indicated your acceptance of these Terms and we have confirmed your Booking by email. Please note that your Booking Confirmation and these Terms constitute the Contract.
3.2 Your Booking Confirmation will include details of your proposed treatment plan.
3.3 Flights and accommodation are booked at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for the costs of any cancelled flights or problems relating to your accommodation. Also, in the event that you make travel and accommodation arrangement and book your Dental Procedure, we are not liable for the costs incurred by you should you change your mind, or if there is any reason why you are unable to go ahead with the Dental Procedure following your Consultation. You are required to provide to us:
- 3.3.1 your personal details;
- 3.3.2 your emergency contact details, and those of your next of kin;
- 3.3.3 any special requests (which we will try to accommodate);
- 3.3.4 details of any pre-existing medical conditions and current medications that you are taking; and
- 3.3.5 passport details,
all of which will need to be included when you complete the Medical Assessment Forms during your Consultation.
3.4 IMPORTANT – If you do not provide us with this information, or if you provide incomplete or incorrect information, you will be responsible for any damages that occur as a result. We reserve the right to either end the Contract with immediate effect, or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for providing the Dental Procedure late or not providing any part of the Dental Procedure if this is caused by you not giving us the information that we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
3.5 The Dentist/Dental Surgeon will be a qualified dentist registered with the Turkish Dental Association.
3.6 By agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge that the Dental Procedure, as with all surgery, poses a risk to health and life. A full list of risks associated with your Dental Procedure will be given to by the Dentist/Dental Surgeon once you have received your Booking Confirmation.
3.7 If there is any conflict between these Terms, the Booking documentation, and the Medical Assessment Forms, these Terms shall prevail.
4.1 The price of your Procedure will be the Fees indicated on your Booking Confirmation.
4.2 After attending your Consultation with the Dentist/Dental Surgeon, you shall pay to us 50% of the total cost of your Dental Procedure which will be paid by either cash or debit/credit card.
4.3 You must pay the full balance of the Fees and any Ancillary Costs by no later than the date of your Dental Procedure.
5. CHANGES TO YOUR BOOKING
5.1 We will try our best to accommodate any reasonable changes that you wish to make to your Booking, provided you give us reasonable notice. If we are able to accommodate such changes, we will inform you of any changes to either the Fees, the timescales of your Dental Procedure, or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change. You are required to confirm in writing whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
5.2 You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility until the revised Booking Confirmation is sent to you, and that any changes to the Contract will commence when we send a written confirmation of such change.
6.OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
6.1 We may end the Contract at any time by writing to you if:
- 6.1.1 you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 (fourteen) days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- 6.1.2 you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with correct information that is necessary for us to provide the Dental Procedure, for example, certain medical information; or
- 6.1.3 you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to complete the Dental Procedure.
6.2 We may also end our Contract with you, without having any liability to you for any costs paid or payable in relation to travel, accommodation or your Dental Procedure, in the event that you behave disrespectfully towards any of our colleagues or clients. We require all of our clients to adhere to a high standard of behaviour throughout all dealings with us, and any unacceptable behaviour (including but not limited to any form of sexual harassment; threatening others; excessive drinking; and/or drug use) will not be tolerated.
6.3 If we end the Contract in the situations set out in clause 6.1 or 6.2, we will refund any fees you have paid in advance for any Dental Procedures we have not provided but we reserve the right to charge you compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the Contract.
6.4 We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the Dental Procedure you have requested. We will let you know at least 7 (seven) days in advance of our stopping to provide this Dental Procedure and will refund any fees you have paid in advance.
6.5 You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible to you or any third party, for loss or damage occasioned by you, when circumstances arise which are beyond our control.
6.6 We are not responsible for paying for any additional travel or any other costs, expenses or losses which you incur as a result of any change or cancellation by us in the circumstances set out in this clause 6, such as changes to flight times or other travel arrangements.
7. TRAVEL INSURANCE
7.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain sufficient insurance which provides you with adequate cover in relation to the Dental Procedure. We advise you to obtain such insurance cover prior to your trip (including appropriate travel insurance and any other insurance you consider necessary). It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself as to the extent and adequacy of your insurance cover.
7.2 We are under no obligation to cover any additional costs or expenses which may arise during your trip, including any costs or expenses which would ordinarily be covered by your insurance.
8. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
8.1 Please be aware of the following:
- 8.1.1 you must ensure that your passport is valid for entry to Turkey before you travel;
- 8.1.2 it is your responsibility to obtain a visa for entry into Turkey, if required. (Please refer to the following websites for further details: HTTPS://WWW.EVISA.GOV.TR/EN
- 8.1.3 in the event that you are unable to enter Turkey for any reason, or in the event of deportation, the cancellation provisions of these Terms will apply;
- 8.1.4 you accept that any Ancillary Costs (which includes any costs for medical assistance) will be covered by you; and
- 8.1.5 if you require emergency medical care during your trip to Turkey, we will try to obtain this and inform your travel insurers and next of kin as quickly as possible
9. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
9.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this Contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time of the Contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen (for example if you discussed it with us during the Booking process).
9.2 All travel and accommodation is booked at your own risk. In the event that your Consultation with the Dentist/Dental Surgeon reveals an underlying health-related issue that prevents the Dentist/Dental Surgeon from being able to carry out your Dental Procedure, we are not responsible for any costs incurred by you in travelling to and staying in Turkey.
9.3 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
9.4 We are not liable for business losses. If you use any elements of your Dental Procedure for any commercial, business or marketing purpose, we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
10. AFTER YOUR DENTAL PROCEDURE
10.1 We offer a guarantee in respect of all of our Dental Procedures. Please see your Booking documentation for details of the guarantees which we offer for each Dental Procedure. If however any of the following events occur following your Dental Procedure:
- 10.1.1 you neglect your teeth;
- 10.1.2 you do not attend dental hygiene appointments every 6 (six) months (email confirmation to be provided);
- 10.1.3 you incur damage to your teeth (for example, by chipping/knocking them);
- 10.1.4 you incur problems relating to incorrect information provided to the Dentist/Dental Surgeon during your Consultation, and/or
- 10.1.5 you attend another dental clinic and extensive work is carried out that has a material effect on the Dental Procedure carried out by us, you will not be able to rely on this guarantee.
10.2 In the event that you experience dental problems following your Dental Procedure that are not caused by us, we may, at our discretion (and as a gesture of goodwill), contribute up to £150 towards your travel costs if you decided to return to Turkey for further assistance.
10.3 Whilst we will always seek to assist you with any problems which you may encounter after your Dental Procedure, please note that we are not liable for any non-life threatening post-operative complications which you experience if you fail to contact us to allow us to assist you in rectifying the position, where you subsequently seek medical assistance elsewhere.
10.4 Subject to clause 9.3 above, we are not liable for any medical disorder or infection suffered by you which leads to problems with your teeth following your Dental Procedure, where this is not caused by our negligence.
11.1 Where there is a dispute between us, you are required to attempt to settle the dispute by entering into good faith discussions with us in a process of mediation before commencing any arbitration or litigation.
11.2 This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its Terms.
11.3 Each of the clauses of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
11.4 If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this Contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide your Dental Procedure, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
11.5 These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of this Contract in the English courts.
This guarantee is provided by the dental clinic and is conditional upon you entering into a contract with the local clinic whereby dental services are provided to you.
Below is a list of the treatments covered by guarantee and the period for which they are covered:
Dental Implants – ☐ 15 Years Guarantee ☐ life Time Guarantee(Straumann)
The Implant screw itself is guaranteed against fracturing or breaking for a 15 Years by the manufacturing company. If the Dental Implant fails (Global statistics show a 5% failure rate) the clinic will replace it once without charge.
Dental Crowns / Full Veneers – 5 Year Guarantee
Dental Crowns/ Full Veneers and Dental Implant Crowns are guaranteed against breakages, chipping or cement failure for a period of 5 years.
Dental Bridges – 5 Year Guarantee
Dental Bridges are guaranteed against breakages, chipping or cement failure for a period of 5 years.
Dental Laminate Veneers 3 Year Guarantee
Dental Laminate Veneers are guaranteed against breakages, chipping or cement failure for a period of 3 years.
Dental Lumineers – 3 Year Guarantee
Dental Lumineers are guaranteed against breakages, chipping or cement failure for a period of 3 years. ,
Dental Fillings – 1 Year Guarantee
Dental Fillings are guaranteed against falling away from your natural tooth for a period of 1 year.
Dental Inlays/ Onlays – 2 Year Guarantee
Dental Inlays and Onlays are guaranteed against breakages, chipping or cement failure for a period of 2 years.
Cosmetic Dentures – 1 Year Guarantee
Cosmetic Dentures are guaranteed against breakages for a period of 1 year.
Below is a list of the treatments not covered by guarantee:
Root Canal Treatment
Due to the human body, we are unable to provide any form of guarantee for Root Canal Treatment.
Dental Posts are applied to weak teeth that need added strength and stability. It is often the case that Core Build Up or a Dental Crown is then placed over the post. Due to the human body and the damage that previously occurred to the tooth no form of guarantee is available for this treatment.
Dental Treatment instigated by another Dentist or Clinic
If you have started treatment in another dental clinic and we have been requested to complete the treatment please be aware that as we are not responsible for all of the treatment carried out, should an issue arise there could be a dispute as to which clinic is responsible. We are therefore unable to provide any form of guarantee in this instance.
The Guarantee will be invalidated in the following circumstances:
If oral hygiene is neglected.
If the patient does not have a routine dental check-up to include a Panoramic X-Ray and a Scale and
Polish at least once a year (invoice required).
If the Dentists’/ Oral Surgeons’ instructions are not followed.
If the patient fails to fulfil their payment obligations.
If subsequent treatment is carried out to the treatment originally effected in the local clinic without prior authorisation (with the exception of Scale and Polish treatments).
If removable restorations such as partial or full dentures are not kept and maintained properly.
Temporary teeth by their very nature cannot be guaranteed against for either breakage or the need for re-cementation.
If the patient’s gum tissue or bone recedes or deteriorates.
If nail biting is deemed to be a contributing factor to your dental issues.
Not attending any appointment given by the local dental clinic will void the guarantee in its entirety.
The patient is involved with contact sports or sporting and associated leisure activities that may cause dental health issues or injury.
Smoking is a contributing cause to your dental issues.
The indulging in any activities or drugs that are known to artificially raise or reduce your blood pressure.
In the event the patient wears tooth/ teeth grillz or jewellery which is attached to the teeth, tongue or lips on a temporary or permanent basis.
The use of recreational or prescribed drugs or supplements, herbal or otherwise, other than those declared at the time of the dental work carried out.
In the event of accidental damage, for example dropping the denture or damage by a third party.
In the event that the same or similar dental issue continues to arise and is therefore considered a recurring or reoccurring issue that may be unrelated to the dentistry itself, the clinic reserves the right to advise you to visit a specialist or a medical professional for further tests that may be directly or indirectly related to dentistry. The responsibility of the costs incurred will be that of the patient. The avoidance of such advice will automatically void your dental guarantee.
In the event that the Dental Implant migrates to whatever degree.
In the event that the Bone Grafting is rejected.
A general illness is present which has or has had adverse effects on the chewing organ, jawbone or tissue to include but not limited to: diabetes, epilepsy, osteoporosis, excessive X-rays, mental disorders or chemotherapy.
Inappropriate selection of the colour and shape and size of the dental prosthetic or prosthesis by the patient. During the preparation period, patients are given the opportunity to choose their colour preference however, the clinic cannot be held responsible for the decision of the patient if they decide later that they do not like the colour or shape they originally chose.
Excessive grinding/ bruxism.
Pregnancy may be the cause of your dental issues.
Occasionally teeth suffer preparation trauma during crown and bridgework resulting in the need for root canal treatment. The dental clinic is not liable for any issue, which was not visible on the patient’s final x-ray, and was not foreseeable or predictable, at the time of treatment.
If a substantial gain or loss in weight occurs.
If a gum shield is provided by the clinic and not worn as advised.
In the event that the patient was pregnant at the time of treatment and did not disclose their circumstances.
In the event that the patient is under the age of 18 at the time of treatment and did not disclose their actual age.
If the patient has been provided with a prescription and the prescription is not obtained or is obtained but not taken as per the instructions provided. In such event, the clinic reserves the right to void any and all aspects of the dental guarantee.
If the patient fails to return for the completion of dental treatment within 12 months of their last signed consent form, such treatments to include but not limited to, Dental Implants/ Implant Crowns and Dental Bridges after extraction.